It’s that time again – another year gone. Can you believe that I’ve been blogging for almost ten years? I feel very bad that I didn’t post much this year. I looked at my stats yesterday and I decided that I really need to make more of an effort to blog this year.
This is just sad:
Well, without further ado, here’s the year in review:
1. What did you do in 2013 that you'd never done before?
Played at Scrabble Nationals.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No, I intended to lose weight and didn’t quite accomplish that. I still need to lose weight – especially with the upcoming nuptials.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not that I know of.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
I had to put my dog Max down. It was a difficult decision, but necessary since he was in pain.
5. What countries did you visit?
Still no countries, but I might get to Canada this summer when we head up to Buffalo for Scrabble Nationals again.
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2013?
A library assistant. I have so much to do that I never have time to catch up it seems.
7. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
November 10 – my birthday when Matt officially proposed.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Winning the Laura Bush foundation grant for my school and starting other Scrabble clubs in my district.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not losing weight like I had planned.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope, normal colds and stuff.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Technically, my engagement ring since I used my previous ring to trade in and we filled out a joint credit application to pay the balance.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Both Matt and Josh have continued to be awesome.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Matt’s mother. She is so close-minded that she refuses to accept me when she hasn’t even met me. I would be shocked if she came to our wedding.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Getting engaged – duh!
16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
“The Search is Over” by Survivor
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? Happier – I’m getting married!
- richer or poorer? About the same. I have more money with Matt moving in and sharing bills, but less since I bought Josh a car.
- thinner or fatter? Slightly fatter – added another 5 or so pounds since the 15 from the year before.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Reading and traveling.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How did you spend the holidays?
New Years (2013) – with Matt
Valentine’s Day – with Matt
Easter – with Matt in San Antonio – tried a new church, but it was too much of a “Mega” Catholic Church.
4th of July – with Matt – cooked out on the grill and then just hung out at home.
Thanksgiving – in New Mexico with my aunt and uncle. Christmas – here in SA with Josh and Matt
21. Did you fall in love in 2013?
Still in love with Matt.
22. How many one-night stands?
Nope – just Matt
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Big Bang Theory is my new favorite.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No – still friends with everyone as far as I know.
25. What was the best book you read?
Not sure of the best one, but I committed to reading 50 books this year on Goodreads and just barely made it. I enjoyed reading Rick Riordian’s mystery series featuring detective Tres Nevarre. Other books are Divergent, Sue Grafton’s W is for Wasted, Cuckoo’s Calling by JK Rowling.
26. What was your favorite film of this year?
I really enjoyed Saving Mr. Banks. I thought The Heat was hilarious though. We didn’t see much this year, but I thought Catching Fire was good and stayed true to the book. One of the best for acting was The Butler.
27. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Still no fashion concept. I wear what is comfortable and fits.
28. Whom did you miss?
Miss some people back home, but I’m making some good friends here.
29. Who was the best new person you met?
Dr. Bob – one of Matt’s Scrabble friends. It was fun to hang out with him in Vegas.
30. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
I can’t think of any major lessons learned this year. Life was good overall.