Sunday, January 23, 2005

Weirdness

I'm a person that has always loved sleep. When I was younger I could sleep until noon or later. I am NOT a morning person. So why is it now that I go to sleep after midnight but am wide awake at 7:30 in the morning? I was dreaming, darn it. I wanted to go back to sleep and dream some more, but I just couldn't. It's Sunday for goodness sake. I don't HAVE to get up early. I forced myself to stay in bed. I tried to go back to sleep. But I gave up when the phone rang shortly before nine. I don't know if it's just an age thing or what, but I've found that for about the past year I haven't had so many issues with getting up early. (Yes, 7:30 is early) Maybe it's because I'm not constantly depressed any more. Maybe it's because I'm exercising more. Maybe I've just become an adult. I don't know how my mother did it. For her job she would get up at 5 a.m. every day. I guess you get used to it. I know that when I was teaching it was still a struggle for me to get up at 6:30 every day. Now I'm finding that even days when I don't HAVE to get up early, I can't sleep in. I guess it means I should be more productive. For instance I should be doing laundry and cleaning my house right now. Why not? I'm awake aren't I? But no, I'm sitting here in bed reading blogs, checking email. Do I have to be a grown-up today?

No comments: