Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Just general stuff

Today was the first day of TAKS testing. What a joy! Really, it wasn't too bad with my small group of 6 students. I found out that the reason why I have so few is that these students are those that can request oral administration of the test. That means I can read the questions to them out loud if they want. But none of them asked me to read any questions to them today. It was pretty uneventful. Tomorrow morning I will get a work day in the morning which will be nice. I test again on Thursday and Friday.

On Friday, Josh and I are going to have a touch of class and go to the symphony. Although I heard it was sold out, I was able to get tickets today. We're going to hear Mozart's Requiem which is what he was writing when he died and had to be finished by one of his students. I think it will be cool. It's being performed in the new Globe News Performing Arts Center which is kind of a funky, yet cool new place that opened up last year.

I found out today that I'm going to get to meet Abbagirl this summer. I'm traveling to Kansas for our National speech tournament and we'll get to meet. I am also hoping to see Andrew as well; I'm waiting to find out if I'll have some money left over in July.

Well, I don't have anything else to share. I have to figure out what to make for supper now.

2 comments:

Billy said...

Yeah! I can't wait!

Summer said...

That is so cool getting to meet them.