Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Back to the Grind

It's difficult to go back to work after a long break.  My sleeping habits get out of whack so mornings can be difficult.  Thankfully, coffee helps a little.  I didn't get a chance to have coffee this morning though.  We are doing practice tests.  Thankfully my group was pretty good which was somewhat surprising.  I feel behind in work, but I'm trying to catch up as best I can.  Losing 2 1/2 hours of the day for testing takes it toll.  We are doing this for the next four days and I'll probably be called to do make-ups on the 5th day as well.  I have to start planning some special teacher training soon and I have to get an online book club started.

The weather is turning cold here.  We have a front coming through and a potential winter weather advisory for Friday and Saturday.  Matt was supposed to have this program at the library about the big snow storm of 1985 and ironically it might get cancelled because of the weather.  I don't think we'll get 10 inches like it snowed back then, but any freezing substance that falls from the sky basically shuts the city down and we go to almost 24 hour news coverage of the event.

 So I get home tonight and I'm chilled, but then I remember the Christmas present Josh got me!


They are USB hand warmers.  I'm wearing them as I'm typing this blog.  They work pretty well.  Tomorrow I'll have to wear a sweater.  Luckily winters down here don't last too long.  This is usually the coldest spell.  I hope it warms up before we go to New Orleans next weekend.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was there in 1985! 14 inches in my front yard. Walked to the store to get a paper. Duh, they weren't delivered to the store!