Friday, July 07, 2006

Feeling better.. enough to go to the movies

I slept in this morning but not as late as I did yesterday. I got up a little after 9:00, I think. I didn't do much this morning other than watch t.v. Josh and I took a brief trip to the movie theatre to buy our movie tickets early. It was his first experience driving on the interstate. He did pretty well except for changing lanes. He wants to turn the wheel rather than just pull on it a bit. Then I came home and had some lunch. It's riveting reading, I know. Oh! I did have Mormons come knocking on my door today. They introduced themselves and I told them I was Catholic and I didn't believe in their teachings and it was a waste of their time. They proceeded to tell me that's great and that they were just sharing the good news about blah, blah, blah, blah, blah... I interrupted and told them that I had to leave in a few minutes (which was true) and I wasn't interested in what they had to say. I was nice about it but sent them along their merry way.

I took Josh and a friend along with one of my friends to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie. It was o.k. but I was disappointed in the ending - if you can call it that. I won't give anything away but it reminds me of the second Back to Future movie where it ends leaving you hanging. You have to go see the movie that comes out next year in order to see what the actual ending is. It was also a bit long at 2 1/2 hours and had it's token moments of gore to gross people out. I will say that it did have some great and creative fight choreography. Maybe I should have gone to see the new Superman movie instead.

We came home and I fixed spaghetti for supper and had a glass of wine as I watched the season premiere of Monk. I've still got a runny nose and watery eyes so I'll take some more allergy medicine tonight. I need to practice my clarinet a bit. Josh and I are playing at Mass on Sunday morning before he leaves for band camp. I also need to make sure all his laundry is washed so he can get packed.

I am debating about getting involved in a Diocesan choir for a special Mass held in August. I think it might be fun to sing in a group made up of musicians from other Parishes. I'm concerned that I might not fit in -- singing-wise. I can follow along pretty well as long as I'm singing the melody for the most part. I might try it. It's four rehearsals and then the final performance. The only thing is that it is on the same day as another event I have going on and I need to see if I can go to both. I still need things to get myself out of the house more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mormans... with their door-to-door religion peddling. "Our Jesus is better than your Jesus"... BAH! I learned a long time ago, that if you answer the door naked with a gun, they put you on a special list and they rarely bother you again. You should have tried to convert them to catholicism.

Lisa said...

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Take Care!