Friday, August 04, 2006

Teaching is Exhausting

First, I didn't sleep well. I went to bed around 11:30 after staying up to finish my presentations and such. I took half a tylenol around 12-something and probably fell asleep around 1:00. I had to be up by 6:45 to get ready. The workshop went well. I saw few of my old advisers that seemed to miss me. I met some new people that seemed to appreciate the material I presented. I had to wing-it a bit when the power to the outlets went out for about 45 minutes. Because of that, I couldn't continue presenting with the LCD and my powerpoints. I got everyone to a point where they could work in groups on their book planning so it seemed to work out. I started going hoarse by the last hour or so. I guess I'm long-winded because I seemed to have a lot to say. We ended a little bit early and we were packed and ready to go by 4:00. I was paid $300 for the workshop and reimbursed for my printing expenses. I am greatly relieved. Money was getting pretty tight and now I can afford groceries for the next week and a half. Perhaps I'll do a little shopping tomorrow and take advantage of the tax-free weekend and get a few new pieces of clothing for school. I have a limited wardrobe and some pieces are just getting worn out.

When I got home, my brother was here fixing my sink drain. He was impressed with the bathroom as well. After he finished, Josh and I went out to eat because there was no way I was going to spend the effort in cooking someting. It was very good and now I have leftovers for tomorrow. Now I really want to sleep, but I need to stay up to watch Monk and Psych. I might just go take a nap.

No comments: