Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Still Here

I'm still around, just been facebooking more than blogging lately. I did make a decision on the t.v. stand. I ordered a black corner unit from Amazon. It looks great but the electrical outlet on the wall is in an awkward place so I can't move it all the way against the wall. I did get the t.v. hooked up and upgraded my cable to get digital t.v. but I'm still not satisfied with the picture quality. The regular channels are fairly grainy and I think it should be more clear on such a fancy t.v.
I survived grad school this semester and made A's in both my classes. I managed teaching English as well, but mostly fly by the seat of my pants with that class. We rushed through Macbeth but I'm sure the students didn't mind. I'm looking more forward to the research project next semester. I need to focus on getting some of my library stuff done so I can take one of my classes next fall. If I pushed myself, I could finish by next December, but I'll probably just wait and take my capstone (final exam) next spring and graduate in May 2011.
I have a lot to get done during the break. I need to clean out my extra bedroom. I'm going to be renting it out to a college student starting in January. I hope that I can manage having a roommate. I think it will help me to stay on top of keeping my house clean. At least I hope I will.
I took my car in for an oil change and tire rotation today. I hope to stay on top of my car's maintenance. I usually haven't done that in the past but I want to do a better job of maintaining and not just wait until something major happens to it. It's cold here. Surprisingly we're in store for a white Christmas. It was foggy when I went to Amarillo today and Josh said it is now sleeting. We're supposed to get snow today and tomorrow but then it is supposed to clear by Christmas day. Josh and I are heading to Albuquerque on Christmas day and staying until Monday. My cousin's baby is getting baptized and Josh and I are playing a duet that he wrote.

2 comments:

Leann said...

I had begun to wonder if you were still out there. It's good to hear things are going well with you. Congrats on the grades! If I don't 'talk' to you before the holiday have a wonderful and joyful holiday!

Anonymous said...

Gesegnete Weihnachten for you and all yours! And good luck with the performance!