Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Just stuff

Things are still busy but thankfully spring break is next week.  I spent most of today writing a grant that I have to submit by tomorrow.  I had to go pick up a check for student meals for our upcoming tirip since I wasn't sure what would happen with the weather tomorrow.  We are scheduled to get a cold blast of icy, wintry mix.  That might freak the city out and shut everything down.  I hope not.  I don't want to have to make up the day later.

I broke my chromebook the other day.  I dropped it carrying it to the kitchen to use it for a recipe I found online.  It still works, but one of the hinges is messed up.  I'll see if I can take it someplace to get it fixed next week.

I was trying to come up with an idea for Scrabble shirts for my students that are going to the state Scrabble tournament.  I looked online, but it was going to cost me $150 for just 8 shirts.  Last night I went to Michael's and got stuff to make my own.  Shirts were on sale for $2.50 and I spent less that $10 for iron on transfer paper.  I spent only $28 to make 8 shirts.  I think they turned out pretty well.  I'll try to post a picture of them later.

So I'm taking six kids to Dallas next week on Friday (the 13th no less).  They are playing in a Scrabble tournament.  I hope they do well.  It will be tough, but hopefully they will do ok.  I hope I've prepared them enough.  They are at a disadvantage in general because they have limited vocabularies already.  But we've worked on some word lists so hopefully, they will be able to make some good plays.  Their strategy is pretty good, but they need to work on not shutting the board down.

2 comments:

Billy said...

How exciting for your students! Can't wait to see the t-shirts!

Andrew said...

Hey, I've been catching up on your blog. I got behind, but I am still your biggest blog fan!