Sunday, June 16, 2013

Summer break is here

Well, I survived my second year as librarian.  My last day of work for this year was on Friday.  I actually finished by noon so I turned in my keys and checked out and then went to help the library facilitator.  I spent the afternoon scanning documents for her.  It was a pretty successful year for me though it was still overwhelming at times.  I started a library and Scrabble club this year.  I won two grants this year.  I ran a successful UIL tournament for speech events.  On top of that I still handled textbooks, placed library orders, catalogued books, dealt with technology issues, updated the school website, and did several other duties.  The job is still better than teaching by far. 

So yesterday I slept in until about 9:30.  It was pretty much a do nothing day.  I watched t.v., goofed off online, and made some apple turnovers.  Josh headed back to Canyon in the afternoon.  I met Matt for church at 5:30 and then we had our leftovers from Maggiano’s for dinner.  We ate there on Friday night and the service was incredibly slow.  We watched the movie Hope Springs last night.  It was ok, but I thought it would be funnier. 

Matt and I went to breakfast at Cracker Barrel this morning.  After that we went to Home Depot, Walmart, and Lowes.  He bought be some notecards to use for making study cards for Scrabble nationals.  My aunt and uncle is paying for most of our trip.  They booked the airfare for us and are going to pay for the hotel.  They were going to go with us, but they are buying a house and might be closing around that time.

The Spurs play again tonight and I hope they do better than what they have been.  They need to step it up and stop allowing so many turnovers.  If they don’t, they won’t win the series.  It would be exciting if they do though. 

No comments: