Monday, October 07, 2013

Jinxed by Matt

So yesterday after church Matt was asking if my work pays for flu shots and I said I wasn’t sure but that I never get a flu shot because I haven’t gotten the flu in several years.  I said that I thought I had a pretty good immunity by working in schools.  So of course today I have to eat those words.  I went to school today and knew that I was feeling “off.”  I started getting a headache this morning and tried to call Matt to bring me tylenol.  Of course he left his phone in the car.  When he did get there, he headed back out to get me tylenol.  It took a long while for my headache to subside.  I took tylenol around 11 this morning and my head was still hurting around lunch time at 2:00.  I took two more pills and the headache finally went away.  I left school at 4:15 which was maybe a first for me all year.  I picked up some dinner and took a benadryl when I got home.  It knocked me out before I finished watching Big Bang Theory around 5:45.  I went to bed and slept until around 8:30.  I’ve decided that I either have a cold or major allergies.  I don’t think it is the flu – no fever, not really feeling achy.  All I know is that I’m feeling a bit miserable at the moment and now I’m waiting for the second benadryl to kick in.  Matt has been very good to me.  He went to the store at got me some ginger ale. 

No comments: