Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Just Crazy

I must be insane. Really. I must. Why did I think I could do yearbook AND speech at the same time? I really must learn to say no. Sunday night I got no sleep. And when I say no sleep, I really mean absolutely no sleep. And I was sick, but that's not why I didn't sleep. No, I didn't sleep because of the darn Koobraey nominations that had to be counted. I realized it was going to take me a LOT longer to figure the results than I anticipated. For EACH category it took 30-45 minutes to tally the results. I had about 20 of those to figure. I started Sunday afternoon and tried going to bed at 1:00 a.m. with less than half completed. I tried sleeping but gave up at 3:30 a.m. I got up and continued tallying. I got to school at 7:30 that morning and continued soliciting student help when they came to class. I finished getting results about 25 minutes before I was supposed to send the ballots to the classes so I didn't have time to print and sort the ballots. I finally decided to just have the students vote today instead. Then last night I also had auditions for the Koobraey acts so I was at the school until 8:15 p.m. So I had no sleep and no food and was dealing with a fairly miserable cold. Yesterday was not pleasant at all. But I did get registered for my spring classes. I also slept very well last night especially after taking a benadryl.
Today I got a few things accomplished, though I'm still not ready to host both the Koobraey awards AND my tournament next week. Not to mention the fact that I'm leaving for Florida tomorrow afternoon and will be gone until Sunday. But on the very good news category, I will get to see Marty this weekend. He's driving up on Friday and will stay until Sunday. Woooo hoooo! I haven't even started packing. I'm waiting for some laundry to get done.
I don't know how I'm going to make it to the airport on time tomorrow. I have a meeting at school until 2:30. My flight leaves at 4:05 and I'm an hour away from the airport. Well, I'm going to go get some packing done and try to get some sleep tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Travel well and return safe!