Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sitting at the Airport

I'm tired. I haven't had much sleep in the last two days. Now, don't let your mind go to the gutter or anything like that. We've just had some late nights. Marty got in Friday afternoon and we met up with him when we went to dinner that evening. We ended up eating at a Cuban restaurant. After that, I went back with Marty to his hotel and we watched t.v. and that's it so don't let your mind go wandering. I explained my reasons for "behaving" to him and he understands them despite the fact that I really didn't want to behave even though I do and it's really just pretty confusing but there you go. So I didn't sleep well that night and had to get up early. Saturday was a long day at the Shot Show but Marty enjoyed it. He said it was like being a kid in a candy store. There was so much for him to see. I did my work most of the day. Had several orders to put in. When the show was over, we headed out to a game store so Marty could pick up some things for himself and a friend. Then we went to dinner (Boston Market) and finally to the mall. We didn't really want to do the mall thing, but we were there so we could see the movie Defiance. But we had time to kill so we walked around the mall for about an hour and a half. The movie was very good. We didn't get back to the hotel until after midnight and my alarm went off at 6:45. We headed back to the shot show and I did a little bit more work until 11:00. I could have waited until 1:00 and come to the airport with the others or I could leave early and have Marty take me. I chose the latter of course. That meant I got to see him for another hour.
We had some good talks while we were here, much to his chagrin. But I feel much better about us. I think he's starting to feel more for me although he's not to the "L" word yet. He says he doesn't want to get married until he gets out of the coast guard which is fine as long as we continue to head in that direction. I think he still has a lot to think about. I still don't know what the big barrier is for him and I'm not sure he knows either, but I think a few walls were broken down on this trip.
I've book a flight to go visit him during spring break. I've made him promise to come see me in the next year, however. He still feels torn about having to split time between me and his girls, but I told him that they should always come first. He'll go visit them this summer and I plan to go back to see him this summer as well though I'll probably drive because I want to stay for perhaps two weeks. I don't want him to take time off of work so that he can continue to save it up and hopefully use at least a little time to come visit me in the fall.
So I'm at the airport with quite a bit of time to kill. I wish I could take a nap, but I'm not one of those people that can just fall asleep in a public place. I may doze a little on the plane though. I have some books to read, but I may need to get up and walk for a bit. Thankfully there's free wi-fi here which is why I'm posting now.
Next week is literally hell week for me. I have to do the Koobraey awards and run my speech tournament. I am not ready at all. I've been saving a massage coupon I got this summer and will probably cash in on it shortly after my tournament is over.
Well, I think I'm gonna try to wake up and wait for my flight which boards in about an hour.


abbagirl74 said...

Totally sounds like you had a great time! Yeah for summer vacations!

Summer said...

I keep meaning to ask you what a Shot Show is.