Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day Back

And I'm exhausted. I'm not used to being up all day. And I really didn't "teach." I don't go over all the bullsh*t rules and procedures the first day because it's pointless. The classes do not stabilize for a few weeks. So we did a small project where I can get to know my students better (which is another requirement this year). Tomorrow we're going to start using the computers (all new iMacs) and since I'll be gone on Thursday and Friday, they will watch a movie.

So far my classes are fine. Second period was a little talkative, but not too much of a problem. I have a really good schedule this year. I actually have three conference periods but I don't tell many people that. But even with three conference periods, I still work completely through them. I set up moodle accounts for my students today and set up their moodle projects for tomorrow. I still have no idea how I'm going to teach English, but for a while, my classes will be doing the same projects until I can get the lesson plans down. (The lesson plans from hell that is.)

I'm really, really liking Thomas. We talk ALL the time - which I love. I'm still holding out for actually meeting in person, but based on what I already know, I'm pretty sure that it will be great when that happens. Though we thought about meeting this coming weekend, it turns out he might have some time off during the Labor day weekend so he may come down here. Kind of have to play it by ear right now since his boss is out of town. I'm almost a little disconcerted by the fact that this relationship began online - because I've never had luck in that respect - but maybe this time it will work out. I hope so at least.

Tonight I need to pay bills and work on an upcoming workshop I'm doing this weekend. I really need to stop volunteering for things like this.

No comments: