Saturday, August 01, 2009

Hope yet?

We're still talking. Spent about 5 hours chatting online last night. I told him he could call me but he said he was shy and working up the courage. (He is an introvert like me.) We had a good long conversation last night and I think there's some hope. I won't go into details right now, but things might not be as bleak as they seemed. So we'll see what happens. I'm certainly not giving up. I'd really like to see if something might develop here.

I've been a total bum the last few days. I really need to push myself to get some work done. The most exciting thing I've done today is go get a coke. I was up chatting until 2:30 this morning so I slept in until 9:30 or so. Then I fell asleep again around noon. My dad called and his on his way back from the cruise that he and his new wife were on. I'm going to meet him in Amarillo later this evening so he can sign a check over to me. I received a check for the escrow account that was in his name. But since I've been the one making the payments on the house for the past five years, he's allowing me to keep the money. In return, I'm calling it even on the Maxima. That money should pay for the rest of our NYC trip - which happens in less than a week!

We have tickets to Broadway. The hotel is booked and paid for. I need to reserve a shuttle from the airport. I should starting thinking about what I'm going to pack, but I'll probably do that at the last minute as always.

Well, I'm going to go start some laundry and consider some other work - but won't get my hopes up too high - well at least in terms of getting work done. I still have the other hope.

2 comments:

Susanlee said...

So what show are you going to see??

Leann said...

It's good to hear things are working out in the 'getting to know you' department :-)

I truly hope you have a fabulous time in NY City!!