Sunday, June 27, 2010

What happened to summer break?

I went up to the school to work on Friday afternoon and on Saturday from 10 until 3:30 foolishly thinking that my yearbook kids would come up to work on their pages.  I got a lot done, however.  I hooked up all my computers in the room according to my new layout.  I still need longer ethernet cables for  my phone and two computers.  I also need the divider wall in the middle of the room taken down.  I reorganized my new desk area moving the desk hutches over where my computer cart is.  I made plans for organizing next year and left myself sticky note reminders of things to do and plan.  I have ongoing “idea” and “supply” lists.  I tend get ideas for things I want to do but if I don’t write them down, I forget them.  Today I have read and critique the paper of one of my peers in my class and they will be doing the same.  I’m also playing at church this morning.  Of course I haven’t gone to church in three weeks.  I’m kind of getting out sync in that regard and need to get back on track.  It’s just one more area where I’m not really motivated or focused right now.  Tomorrow will be dubbed “clean the house” day.  I really need to get the house picked up, cleaned and organized.  My goal is to start my school year with both my home and workplace organized.  Surely that will help me to do a better job! 

Well, I’ve got to go dry my hair and head to rehearsal for Mass.  I’ve it a little bit of a funk right now, but that’s just a bunch of stuff swirling in my head.  I know I’ll snap out of it… just got to get more productive. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with organizing ... :) Seriously, the secret is consistency I guess.