Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I’m a procrastinator

I admit it.  I put things off.  Oh well, it’s summer, I should be able to enjoy some of it shouldn’t I?  Not that I’m doing anything major, but I have been reading more which is always great.  I’ve re-read the entire Harry Potter series and since then have finished about 4 other books.  It’s been nice to be able to read something unrelated to library science.  I do have to turn in an assignment tomorrow.  It’s done except that I need to go through and update it and make corrections.  Tomorrow morning I’m going to to go to the local library and sit and work on it.  I had intentions to clean house but am not progressing very fast.  I did unload and load the dishwasher and put my comforter in the washer so that’s a little progress, right?

Yesterday I spent several hours up at the school.  I’m making what I think is good progress in preparations for next year.  There are some things I’ve wanted to do for a few years now, but never seemed to find the time to get them done.  Of course I’m not making any progress on the yearbook, but neither are my students.  I’m about as apathetic about it as they are.  But I do have high hopes to start the year in a better organized state which I hope will ultimately help me stay on top of things during the year.  It may be wishful thinking, but hopefully this will be my last year teaching, so I want to make it as good as I can. 

Last night I watched the movie Valentine’s Day.  It was good – not quite as good as Love Actually, but not bad.  Of course it just reminds me of the fact that I’m still single with no hope of a relationship, but that’s just the way life is right now.  I’m on eharmony again but I’m still fairly jaded about it.  I do have two guys with whom I’m communicating with right now, but can’t say either look promising.  One is a lawyer in Dallas which seems great, but he also seems very busy and communication is very brief right now. 

I’m getting back into the bad habit of staying up late and sleeping in mornings.  I haven’t been to bed earlier than 12:30 a.m. it seems.  I need to stop that as I have to go in for more Macbook training on Friday.  I guess I’ll see if I can get myself motivated to start doing some work around here. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's summer, it's vacation, and you already did some things ... all is good. :)