Thursday, May 30, 2013

And now I have a cold

I thought I’d be luckily enough to go an entire school year without getting sick.  Well, I almost made it.  I talked myself out of taking sick days the last two days so I went to work feeling kind of crappy.  But there’s so much that needs to be done.  I’m slowly making progress.  I was supposed to get some hired help in, but I don’t think it’s going to happen.  I didn’t know enough people around here to suggest anyone and now it’s down to just a week of school left.  (Yay!)  I actually have two weeks of work left, but it will go by fast.

Josh is no longer employed by my uncle so that’s going to dampen things around here for a while.  I’m going to have to cover his bills this summer.  It’s kind of hard to find a job for just two months.  But at least he has employment in the fall as he’ll be teaching freshman theory classes. 

My friend Kirsten is coming down to visit tonight.  We’re going to go see the new Star Trek movie tomorrow and then go to Fiesta Fest at Six Flags on Saturday.  We’ll get exclusive ride time on the new Iron Rattler and Superman.  That will be awesome!  I hope my cold subsides before then.  I’ve been taking Zicam when I think about it, but I left it at school today. 

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Sending you a big hug your way. I know it's gross, but I've been mucus man all day. I know it's the smoking and I need to quite. I anxiously await your appraisal of the new Star Trek film!

Unknown said...

Colds really do hamper a person's ability to function properly. Clogged nasal passages results in difficulty in breathing. If left untreated, colds may escalate and turn into a fever and will render you unable to work for days. I hope you consider getting professional help to prevent illness in the future.

Anisha Cason @ US Health Works