Monday, May 20, 2013

Been awhile

I’ve been buried under a mountain of work.  It is a crazy time of year.  I’m trying to deal with all the fixed assets at the school which is an extensive task.  This past weekend was our middle school UIL contest and that took up the majority of my time over the past few weeks.  I was working with students, making arrangements for travel, ordering lunches, and preparing to run all the speaking events on the day of the contest.  Luckily I made it through everything.  Unfortunately we had several students that didn’t show up the day of contest.  The contest that I ran went well, and one of my students placed 2nd in her event.  We had a total of 13 students compete and 4 of them placed in the top 6 in their contests.  My principal thanked me for the work I did.  Now I have to try get everything done that needs to be done in the next few weeks before the end of school. 

I have had some fun too.  Matt and I went to Fiesta Texas this past weekend.  We rode the new Iron Rattler rollercoaster twice.  The second time we waited for a front row seat.  It was a really great ride.  We’ll be going back on June 1st for an ACE event at the park.  My friend Kirsten is coming down for it and Josh will be going as well. 

I’m going to go back to Canyon this weekend.  A speech teacher friend of mine is retiring and there’s a party for her on Sunday.  It’s a chance to visit with a lot of my old friends that I haven’t seen in a while.  Plus I can eat at Taco Villa. 

So I think Matt and I are destined to be together.  How do I know this do you ask?  Well, we got confirmation of it at Six Flags.  It was a hot day and when you need to cool off for a bit, you go shopping in the air conditioned shops.  While browsing, I saw this exactly as it is pictured:

mattjen

I’m not sure what it means that my name was on top – but the two name plates were just like that.  I was just casually looking around and noticed it so I had to snap a picture.  Now if Matt could just deal with his final commitment issues, we would be good to go.  I think part of it is still dealing with his mother.  He did take a small step.  Her birthday was this past weekend and he sent her a gift card and a note stating that we wanted to visit her sometime.  We’ll see if we get an invite or not.  I guess whatever the answer is, it will at least be an answer.  It’s not going to change our relationship.  I think he hopes that she’ll approve of me, but if she doesn’t, we’ll both move on. 

2 comments:

Andrew said...

My wife's mother just didn't like me, but we went about life as usual. You said Taco Villa and my mouth started to salivate. I've heard you talk about it so much.

Anonymous said...

I hope that you are not being affected by the flooding.