Friday, May 30, 2014

Just Stuff

I went up to Amarillo last weekend to get some wedding stuff done.  I picked out tuxedo stuff for Matt and the groomsmen.  I finally met with the music director and picked out all the music.  I was going to meet with the florist, but they weren’t available.  I booked a restaurant for the rehearsal dinner as well.  My friend Pam who is my maid of honor helped me with everything.  It was nice to be able to spend time with her.  I also got to see my dad and brother while there.  It rained every day that I was there.  I also had to drive through some pretty rough weather both up there and on the way back. 

I also got to eat Taco Villa (twice) and I picked up Donut Stop donuts to bring back home. 

This week has been just crazy at work.  I’m working nonstop all day on trying to find missing books, scanning in textbooks, and trying to wrap things up for the end of the year.  I still have two more weeks of work to get through.  On Monday we are having a Scrabble tournament for some of my students. 

I’ve sent the wedding invitations out but still have to send a few more and also find some new addresses for returned ones.  We got our first wedding gift in the mail yesterday and it made me laugh.  It was a book titled “When Sinners Say ‘I Do’”  At first I thought it might have been from Matt’s mother, but it turns out that it was from my friend Bret who is a Baptist minister.  I’m not sure if I should be offended, amused, or just thankful.  I will certainly write a thank you note, but it may take me a while to figure out what to say.  It’s a very fundamentalist gift for a Catholic couple.  Perhaps it will yield some good information – I guess I should try to read it with an open mind.  I know that Bret does not appreciate the fact that I became a Catholic, but I’m happy with my choice.  If I hadn’t, I might never have met Matt or have the wonderful experiences that I did with St. Ann’s in Canyon.

Matt and I just got back from dinner.  We went to a new (to me) Mexican restaurant and the food was really good.  I could only eat half of it since I filled up on chips, queso, and a margarita.  Matt is going to watch the Pacers/Heat game.  Thankfully the Spurs made a comeback last night and played a much better game.  I think I might head upstairs and do some crafts.  I might call it an early night – I’m pretty exhausted from moving textbooks all over the place today.

No comments: