Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Wedding, wedding, wedding stuff

I have to take a benadryl or sleeping pill to get to sleep lately.  I cannot seem to close my mind down and get wedding stuff out of my head.  I’m thinking about flowers, musicians, decorations, things to take, things to do, and so on.  I took my dress into a seamstress on Monday to have the sleeves altered.  It was a little more expensive than I anticipated, but she didn’t charge me a rush fee since I need it in two weeks and it was less than I paid for the dress.  I’ll be able to pick it up on July 4.  I’m leaving to go to Canyon on the 6th. 

I finally got an estimate from a florist in Amarillo and I thought it was a bit high.  I knew that wedding flowers would be expensive, but the bridal bouquet alone was going to be about $200.  I contacted a florist in Canyon and went a different route.  I gave them my budget up front and limited it to just the essentials.  We’ll see if they can come through for me. 

I’m still trying to find a flute player to play in the wedding.  Josh wrote a woodwind quintet piece and it’s crucial that I get a flute player.  I’m hoping the horn player that I got from WT will be able to get someone.  I thought having my wedding in the middle of band camp would allow me to have some options, but it’s more of a hindrance at this point.  Most people I’ve asked can’t play because of the concerts going on that day. 

I’m thinking about going to see The Fault in Our Stars tomorrow.  I need to make sure I have lots of tissues to take though.  I enjoyed the book when I read it, but the book itself made me cry.  I should be doing a lot of reading this summer, but I haven’t found anything that has really grabbed me.  I did read the latest Janet Evanovich book though.  It’s a quick and easy read and a summer tradition. 

No comments: