Saturday, April 04, 2015

Sick on a Three Day Weekend

Matt was kind enough to share his cold with me.  I started getting sick on Wednesday and was really feeling it on Thursday.  I probably should have stayed home from school, but I forced myself to go though I didn't accomplish much.  Thankfully Friday was a holiday so I stayed in bed all day.  I'm feeling better today, but not completely 100%.  At least I'm on the couch and not in the bed.  The house is relatively clean because I cleaned it last week.  My ex-husband was coming over to take a headshot for Josh.  He needed a new one for his recital flyer and his website.  So of course I had to clean the house before he came over.  It's still clean though I never actually got to my bathroom and closet.  That is something I should probably work on today.  I have loads of laundry that need to be done.  I also need to pay some bills.  I should also start working on the program for the upcoming band concert that I can't play in.  Josh's graduate recital is the same day as the concert.  We will be heading to Houston for the day.

Now that Easter is almost here Matt is looking forward to having pizza and coke again.  I'm looking forward to drinking a margarita.  Next weekend we have dinner plans with my uncle Dave and his wife.  (Dave was married to my aunt Barb who is my dad's sister, but they divorced, but he's still part of the family and he played his trumpet in my wedding.)  His wife Linda is very sweet and has been communicating with me via Facebook.

I'm having to put together a portfolio for work.  Our school is in a precarious position since we have not met Academic Yearly Progress (for No Child Left Behind) for the 4th year now.  This puts us in a phase called reconstitution where everyone on the campus must reapply for their jobs next year.  Part of the process includes putting together a portfolio showing what we have done to help improve the academic environment of the campus.  I'm not really worried about my job as I feel I've been doing a good job overall.  But I still have to put a portfolio together and it's something that is just going to take some time.  We got an email on Wednesday about having the portfolios at a meeting on Monday.  I had made some notes, but hadn't yet put anything together.  I spent the last couple of days at school last week working on it.  The end of the year is coming fast and there are so many things that have to get done.  I have to work on fixed assets soon and put together a list of equipment that must get picked up over the summer.  UIL contest is coming up which conflicts with Josh's graduation.  But school will be out in just two short months.  I'll be glad to have the summer break.

Matt and I are planning to play at Scrabble Nationals in Reno, NV.  We may plan a short trip over to San Francisco after the tournament.  I've never been there and I'd like to go to California's Great America as well.  Thankfully we have a tax refund we can use to cover the trip.  I think our airfare is going to be covered by a Scrabble friend who is giving it to us as a wedding present.

Well, I think I'll go start a load of laundry.  I should start being somewhat productive soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That reconstituting of your high school does not sound like fun. I've only heard of a few of those happening here in California, and in all cases, ALL of the teachers, admin, and staff were taken out and new people brought in. Maybe Texas does it differently.

Billy said...

Hope you had a great Easter! School changes don't sound very fun. I've always wanted to see San Fran!