Sunday, January 15, 2017

A Friend's Loss

I was very saddened to hear that my friend Andrew's mother passed away unexpectedly.  Andrew is one my oldest blogging friends who I've known since I started blogging in 2004.  He has been the most avid blogger I've ever known and although we have never gotten to meet in person, I consider him a friend.  I started blogging just a few months after my own mother passed away.  She died of lung cancer in November 2003.  I started blogging in May of 2004 thanks to a guy I started dating around that time.  So many things have changed in that time but I'm happy where life has lead me.  I'm also happy for Andrew who seems to have come a long way and is generally doing well though I know that the next several days, weeks, and months will be painful.  I feel like I've gotten to know his mother over the years with all the wonderful stories he has written about her.  I don't know if I've ever mentioned my mom in this blog.  Maybe I'll try to come up with a few stories to tell.

I don't know if Andrew still reads since my blog has been dormant for so long, but I'm thinking of him and his family and pray that they get through this difficult time.

No comments: