Thursday, July 01, 2010

Meeting a deadline early?

I have my final version of draft 2 that is due for my class tonight finished.  I’m not sure if it’s perfect or if I have enough to earn an “A” on it but I’m going to submit it anyway.  The professor tells us that if we do exactly what is asked for in each narrative and nothing more that it probably isn’t A-worthy.  Problem is that I don’t understand what “more” he wants.  Josh read through my paper and caught a lot of my grammar mistakes.  I tend to not use enough commas and I think he wants to overuse them.  I took most of his suggestions, but not all of them. 

Last night I took a tylenol p.m. around 8:00 and got really sleepy by 9:00.  I went to bed and woke around 6:15 but didn’t get up.  I went back to sleep and slept until around 8:00.  I stayed in bed for a while and eventually got myself going.  I fooled around on the computer until 10 and then I took a shower and got ready for the day.  I went to the public library to work so I could focus on editing my paper.  I spent about four hours there.  I didn’t think I had that much to do, but I had to add a whole new section, rewrite several pieces and make sure everything matched in the appendices.  I made the changes then came home to post a question about the paper so I could make sure I was doing it correct. 

I thought about going to the movies this afternoon but decided to go get the new Janet Evanovich book instead.  I went to Best Buy first and got a new set of headphones for my walkman.  I wanted the kind that fit over your ears.  Then I went to Walmart to get my book but while I was there I stocked up on some beer and wine for the 3rd of July celebrations.  Yes, our town is celebrating Independence Day on July 3rd instead of the 4th. 

Now I’m having a Smirnoff Lemonade in hopes that it will make me drowsy so I can get some sleep tonight.  I’m going to go upload my paper and then start my book.  Not too bad of a day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Truely shocking! This early deadline I mean.
Have a fine early holiday!