Friday, July 25, 2014

7 Quick Takes – July 25

--- 1 ---

Boredom has set in.  There are things that I should be doing – like cleaning up the wedding crafting mess upstairs, but I don’t want to.  Wednesday night I even cooked dinner from scratch for Matt.  After that, I was bored.  Matt was reading, there was nothing on t.v.  I have no book interests at the moment.  We finally headed out to the hardware stores to start using some of our gift cards.  Nothing says happy wedding like buying a new toilet seat, huh? 

--- 2 ---

I went up to school earlier this week to take our reception leftovers so I could have refrigerator and counter space back.  While there I picked up a few spelling textbooks as I make plans to teach a Scrabble class this year.  I’m not sure how I’m going to do it exactly, but I’m glad that I get to develop my own curriculum.  Problem is that it will take a lot of time that I don’t necessarily have.   

--- 3 ---

I’m still waiting for the official marriage certificate from the county where we got married so I can start the name change process.  This is the 3rd time I’ve had to do this.  I did it after I got married the first time, then changed my name back to my maiden name when I got divorced.  It’s a pain, but hopefully I’ll get everything done in the next week or so.   

--- 4 ---

Josh and a friend are coming home this weekend.  They want to go to Fiesta Texas and who am I to say no to riding some coasters?  I haven’t even used my season pass yet this year so I think I need to get some coaster riding done.  I’ll get to add a few new coasters to my list when we go on our honeymoon.  We are going to Darien Lake Theme Park near Buffalo, NY.  We may also try to get to Six Flags in Arlington sometime in September. 

--- 5 ---

We never heard anything from Matt’s mother regarding our wedding.  She didn’t come to it or the SA reception.  She never sent a gift or even a card acknowledging the event.  I guess she thinks that if she ignores it, that it didn’t happen.  I’m wondering if I should send her a picture.  She’d probably rip it up, but she’d have to look at it first.  How can you not be happy for your child who gets married?  If Matt was a horrible person, perhaps I could understand, but I just don’t get it.   

--- 6 ---

I’ve finished writing all the thank you notes for both the wedding and the second reception.  We have some very generous friends and family.  We have enough money for the honeymoon expenses I think.  I’m looking forward to the trip to Buffalo.  

--- 7 ---

Since company is coming tonight I guess I really have to get off the couch and clean.  I typically make deals with myself and set a deadline for getting started.  Of course I often renegotiate when I am in the process of total goofing off and don’t want to get started.  I figure as long as I’m done before they arrive, then I’m good.  The house is mostly clean.  I do need to vacuum and clean the loft area.  My deadline for getting started is 2:00 p.m. today.  That gives me another 2 1/2 hours of internet browsing, watching Monk, and maybe napping.  Ah, the life of librarian with summers off.   

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be sure to bookmark this post to read say, oh about November when life has gotten crazy. Or, in March when it seems that summer break will never come.

Anonymous said...

You mentioned your weak and fragile fingernails in a previous post. I had the same problem. My sister got me started on BIOTIN capsules. What a difference it has made! It took 6 months to fully realize the effects...I'm actually tired of clipping/filing these healthy nails that just keep growing and growing.

LM