So Josh and I headed out from San Antonio this morning a little after 11:00 a.m. on our way up to the Panhandle. Everything seemed to be going fine until Josh blew a tire just outside of Kerrville. Luckily he made it to a safe area, but I didn’t see him until it was too late to exit. It took me about 20 minutes to get back to him because I couldn’t readily find an exit and then went too far back. I called him and he was about ready to jack the car up, but I reminded him to loosen the lug nuts before he jacked the car. After the tire was changed, we turned around and took a back road into Kerrville to a Discount Tire which was closed. We then went to the Walmart next door and the automotive place there was also closed. It seems that on a Sunday if you need a new tire in Kerrville, you’re simply out of luck. I tried calling other towns nearby and it was the same situation. So we had to decide whether to go back to San Antonio (an hour away) or move forward and stay in another town over night. We opted to head up to Abilene and stay the night. Since the spare is just the donut sized wheel, we only drove about 60 mph. On one of the pit stops I booked a hotel through Priceline. So we have an appointment at Discount Tire tomorrow morning and then we will hit the road. I’m now half a day behind, but Josh may have some leads for a flute player.