Thursday, May 27, 2004

Being Friends

Is it weird to be friends with your ex? In general I've always remained friendly with all my ex-boyfriends... and even my ex-husband. Don't get me wrong, I still have some bitterness, but it really is fading and I think it's nice we can remain on friendly terms. I know most break-ups are usually tragic and most couples end up almost hating each other, but I've never really been that way. Ok, maybe the guy in high school that dumped me the day AFTER prom for a little red-headed slut. I did have some animosity towards him. But I eventually got over it (mostly) and if I saw him again, I'm sure we'd hug and have a nice conversation. I know some of the men I've dated might call me the "B" word at times, but I think the fact that I can stay on friendly terms shows I'm not so much like that. I have my moments like any woman and unlike some, I'll admit I have the capability of being that way. Well, back to the friends part... my ex called me asking me for a favor (nothing major, just help in looking for a font) and I agreed to help him. I think that if I needed something from him he'd do the same. (Well, maybe, he had a tendancy to make promises he couldn't keep when married.)
I think it's a part of my personality of just being nice, sometimes too nice. Like when guys I'm not particularly interested want to chat with me and I talk to them and then all of a sudden because I did that, they think I might be interested in them. What is it about that? Well, I guess it's better to be nice than to be a total bitch. I just really hate offending people.
Well, I gotta get back to the packing... ugh. Have to decide what books to take. I got a biography on Mozart, but haven't gotten into it yet. Decisions, decisions.

1 comment:

PEG said...

No, it's not. It's a good thing to know, in fact.