Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Interview Thingie (As Patrick puts it)

1. How'd you get to be so crazy about rollercoasters? Any in particular that you want to ride that you haven't had the chance to just yet?

It started with seeing a show on either the discovery channel or travel channel about the coasters at Cedar Point. My husband at the time and I saw it and thought, "That looks fun." I went online and found the ACE (American Coaster Enthusiast) website. There was going to be a coaster event at Cedar Point in June that year. I wanted a vacation and thought why not. We joined, went to the event and had a blast. Some rides were still a bit intimidating to me (Millennium Force's 300 ft drop) but it was FUN. Since then, I have been hooked. I like the excitement, speeds, twists, turns, hills, and the little bit of fear.
The coaster I most want to ride right now would be "X" at Six Flags Magic Mountain. I went there two summers ago for an event and it was closed down... arrrggghhhh! There are also several parks I want to go to such as Kennywood and the parks in Florida.

2. You say you like board games, but not RPGs. Why not? Would you be willing to give RPGs a try?

Honestly, I think the RPG stuff is a bit silly. I can kind of understand the attraction in kids with great imaginations, but it's something that just isn't my cup of tea. Seems they're mostly focused on the science fiction genre and that's not really my thing either.

3. Time-travel technology has been perfected. You've been given the chance to have lunch with a famous person from history. Who is it, and what would you talk about?

I would dine with Mozart and talk about music. (Assuming the time travel allowed me to speak Austrian or German)

4. What is your greatest accomplishment to date?

Greatest is my son. I may have not been the perfect mother, but feel I've done a pretty good job with him so far raising him mostly on my own. He's smart, talented, witty and good-looking... all traits he inherited from me of course!
One other thing I'm proud of is graduating magna cum laude from WT with a 3.82 GPA. It took a bit longer (7 yrs) but I had Josh in the middle of it all.

5. What do you like most about Patrick?

He's smart, he's cute, has pretty good taste in music, is a good writer and can use really big words.

THE RULES:
1 - Leave a comment, saying you want to be interviewed.
2 - I will respond; I'll ask you five questions.
3 - You'll update your journal with my five questions, and your five answers.
4 - You'll include this explanation.
5 - You'll ask other people five questions when they want to be interviewed.

2 comments:

PEG said...

You've done a great job with Josh from what I've seen so far. And I guess I thought the coaster addiction was a longer-running thing than it appears to be. Glad you have something relatively harmless to indulge in.

Thanks for answering so quickly.

PEG said...

Oh, and I guess that would make the answer about giving RPGs a try a "no," then, wouldn't it? :) C'est la vie.