Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Personals

Ok, perhaps I'm shallow or something, but I honestly can't stand it when someone responds to my personals ad and their ad shows that they are only a few inches above the level of imbecile or are completely my opposite. These are actually lines from their ads...
(All grammatical and spelling mistakes left intact)

"I.m 6'3" and about 350 pounds I have red hair {triying to grow it out long again} I have a labret peircing and Im growing my goat tee out its about 5 inches now"

"I am a fun,energetic guy that will promised to show ya a good time, and guaranteed to make ya smile all over,I like to do stuff outdoors, travel, and gamble , so take a chance on of the few good guys left that will steal your heart
looling for a fun lady , that takes care of herself and likes to smile, one that knows how to dress, and still be a true lady "

"someone who belives in one man one woman if thats not not you then keep looking.must be smart careing oh yeah good looking doesnt hurt."

This one was in an email to me... "Hi, there, i'm 25 hispanic dude, i just love how you look. your so beautiful"

"IM LONELY , HOME ALL DAY ALONE.NEED TO FIND SOME FRIENDS AND DO SOMETHING TOGETHER.WALK TALK AND BE HAPPY AGAIN. .LOVE CARS AND WOMAN.BUT NO LOVE OR ROMANCE?FRIEND OR LOVER ITS UP TO YOU.
just got devorced
A LONELY CUTE AVERAGE WOMAN WITH A GREAT PERSONALITY.LIKES TO HAVE FUN AND LIFT MY SPIRITS.SOMEONE WHO LIKES TO DO JUST ABOUT ANYTHING,CUTE AND CUDDLY I HOPE.HAVENT FOUND ANYONE IN LUBBOCK.I JUST MOVED HERE.DOES ANYONE WANT TO GO OUT,OR IS THIS JUST A GAME "

"hi i dont really know where to start im kinda new at this well here goes im 42 have 4 boys that i love very much iv been divorced 4 years and still looking for that speacial woman i like movies flea markets anything to do with outdoors so if you think your that speacial woman let me know "

"i have a beutiful bald head, i play the bass, and i love to make a momen the center of my life. i am very loveable and i like to share my feelings. music and kids are my life "

Perhaps I should overlook such trivialities, but being educated, it's difficult.

2 comments:

PEG said...

I don't see this as shallow, I see it as having standards that, while higher than some, are hardly so stringent as to leave the world behind. I applaud the fact that you have standards, and heartily encourage others to likewise have some standards. Not being picky is a sign of desperation, I think.

PEG said...

An interview thingie

1. How'd you get to be so crazy about rollercoasters? Any in particular that you want to ride that you haven't had the chance to just yet?
2. You say you like board games, but not RPGs. Why not? Would you be willing to give RPGs a try?
3. Time-travel technology has been perfected. You've been given the chance to have lunch with a famous person from history. Who is it, and what would you talk about?
4. What is your greatest accomplishment to date?
5. What do you like most about Patrick?

THE RULES:
1 - Leave a comment, saying you want to be interviewed.
2 - I will respond; I'll ask you five questions.
3 - You'll update your journal with my five questions, and your five answers.
4 - You'll include this explanation.
5 - You'll ask other people five questions when they want to be interviewed.