Saturday, July 18, 2009

A whirlwind trip

Josh and I left Thursday morning at 5:30 a.m. to head to the airport for his freshman orientation trip. We arrived in Houston at 10:00 a.m., got the rental car and headed to Nacogdoches. We arrived by 1:30 and registered. By the time we got into our dorms, it was time for the first session to begin. We were involved in sessions for the rest of the day until bed time. I didn't sleep very well in the dorm. The next we started again by 8:00 but I had to get up early to get Josh's stuff in the car as we would have to make a quick get-away to return to Houston. He didn't get advised until 1:00 and we needed to leave by 1:30 to make it back in plenty of time, by 2:00 to cut it close. Unfortunately everything takes longer than planned and we didn't leave until 2:30 and we had a 6:00 flight. Keep in mind that it typically takes 3 hours from Nac to Houston Hobby airport. Somehow the traffic cooperated and I drove a little fast and we made it to the airport by 5:15. We didn't check bags so we made it to the get in time. Unfortunately there was a delay because the plane that was boarding before ours was behind and our plane couldn't park at the gate until they left. We were supposed to leave by 6:00 but didn't take off until 6:30. That put us landing in Dallas at 7:30 when our connecting flight was supposed to take off. Thankfully they held the plane because there were about 40 people that needed to catch that flight. We got back by 9:00 last night I finally slept well for the first time in several days.

The orientation was o.k. but not a lot of useful information for me. Hopefully Josh got more out of it. At least he got advised and registered for his classes which was the reason for the trip.

Today I get to pick up my car! I'll try to post a picture of it. I've got to take a shower and actually start being productive.

1 comment:

Leann said...

Oh man...I new car...and RED??!! lucky duck you!!

Nice to hear you got some much needed rest. :-)