Friday, July 10, 2009

It seems like forever...

since I've posted. I've been such a bad blogger lately. I'm still reading everyone's blogs, but not much posting for myself. So let me update you. The yearbook still isn't finished and I really don't care. I'm taking a break from school stuff right now. Last week I went to a yearbook workshop for three days and then the first of this week was spent in Albuquerque for school planning. Yesterday I was mostly a bum though I was finally able to deposit my check that I got from my dad for the extra house money. I called and got the total for Josh's new clarinet and had a cashier's check cut for $3009. I've booked our airfare and finally the hotel for our trip to New York. I cannot believe we're really going. Now we've got to make a final decision on the show we want to see and the things we want to do. I'm not one to just play it by ear. I'd like to have most of it planned out. We're thinking of going to Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey but nothing is set in stone yet. I did get some good advice about shows so we have a list narrowed down. We're staying a little bit away from all the action. Our hotel is in the Tribeca area very close to Soho. But there's two subway stops very close to it so I think we'll be able to manage getting around from place to place. It's very exciting and it will be here before I know it!

Next week Josh and I are going to Nacogdoches for his freshman orientation. It will be a very quick trip flying down to Houston Thursday morning, then driving to Nacodgoches and staying there until Friday afternoon, driving back and flying home that evening. It will be a whirlwind trip! Soon after I'll be going to see the new Harry Potter movie.

I made a couple of calls regarding the heating and air replacement and have one estimate scheduled. It can't happen soon enough.

1 comment:

Leann said...

I'm so excited for you!! New York City. Be sure to take lots of pics!