Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A few updates

Band camp is over for Josh. My aunt and uncle came to town for a few days last week so I had to deal with company along with the installation of my new heating/air - which is quite lovely I must say! It feels good to be in an air conditioned house and not running the window units. I also have a brand new sewer line which now has the laundry drain tied into it (thankfully). Before it just drained into the yard.

I love my new car. I'm averaging about 43 mpg so far. I finally filled it up for the first time (though it showed I could still go 118 miles). I spent only 18 dollars and had already gone about 400 miles.

Eharmony news: My subscription is up and I did not renew, but I have a few things to report. I met the local guy that had the job interview at my school today. My principal seemed to like him and officially offered him the job this afternoon. We've already talked about carpooling together next year. I still think he's not interested in my romantically, but it would be nice to have a new friend.

I had two other guys that I was emailing back and forth a bit but have not heard from either of them in several days. There is one more guy that lives in Colorado, however, that I've been chatting with most evenings. He seems to really like me and I am certainly interested in him. He is very smart and he thinks I'm funny. I still have concerns (as I always do) but nothing worth noting at this point. Just going to play it out and see how it goes. He lives about 5 1/2 hours away which might be doable. Better than Alaska and Florida at this point.

Then there's another guy locally that I've talked with online for five years now and he has consistently asked me out in that time. He's the one that stood me up on a date a few years back as well as another time. He has experience doing tile work however, and has offered to do the floors in my house for a really good price. I've actually now met him in person - he came over to examine the floors. I told him that I would finally let him take me to dinner some time but only after his divorce is final. I've made it clear, however, that I'm not interested in him romantically. But I guess a dinner will be o.k.

Well, I guess I should get myself busy. I've been a lazy bum for two days so far. I guess taking two days out of my summer break is acceptable. I really haven't had much of a break thus far and it is coming to a close very soon!

1 comment:

Leann said...

It's good to hear you have some options in the dating department. Friends are good....often times better :-)