Tuesday, November 06, 2012

A great weekend

I spent most of Saturday cleaning my house.  My new dining table was delivered, so I focused on the downstairs.  I did a little work upstairs, but I still have the loft area to unpack.  On Saturday evening, Matt and I did some shopping and went to dinner.  On Sunday we went to church, did more shopping – looked at some treadmills and then came home.  We had big plans for the evening so I had to take time to get ready.  We went to dinner at a very fancy restaurant downtown where you have a waiter, an assistant, and a sommelier.  Luckily, Matt paid, but it was an expensive dinner.  We barely made it to the theater before the concert started, but I didn’t miss anything, thankfully.  Olivia Newton John was amazing.  I’ve waited more than 30 years to see her live in concert.  I’ve been a fan ever since I saw the movie Grease when I was about 8 years old.  I really enjoyed the concert and was surprised that she sang my absolute favorite song that is pretty obscure on a soundtrack that is no longer produced.  I could tell that her voice was a little strained like she was fighting a cold or something, but she still did an amazing job.  I have to say that aside from Josh, it was the best birthday present ever.  We had really good seats that were on the floor.  After the concert, I wanted to get a shirt and CD.  I headed to the souvenir table and there was only one guy working it with a crowd of about 100 people that wanted to buy something.  Luckily, I got close to the front, but it still took 30 minutes to get a shirt and CD.  Even then, they sold out of large t-shirts so I had to buy an XL.  But I was happy to get the shirt and Matt was patient about waiting for me.  I think he had a good time too.

Can you believe that we’ve been dating for a year?  He is such an amazing person and I am so happy that I found him here in San Antonio.  I love living in this city and having Matt by my side most of the time.   I could write a longer post about all of this, but I’m tired and really need to call it a night. 

I’m watching the election results, and though the media is calling the election, I’ll wait until morning, to get the official results.  I did do my civic duty and vote today.  I don’t have a political bone in my body and I don’t think I’ve really ever talked much about politics on this blog. I prefer to keep my preferences to myself most of the time and refuse to make comments on Facebook and such.  I am, however, getting really tired of all the political postings that I have to see on there.  My personal political stance has shifted in the last few years.  I was often influenced by my parent’s (really my mother’s) beliefs, but now I’m starting to figure out what I really care about and believe in which in many ways is very different from how I was raised.  I would consider myself to be very moderate at this point in my life.

Well, my bed is calling me so I’m going to head that way.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

I've been so excited to read along lately. I am so proud of you. You're definitely in your element in San Antonio. What's a dining room table? You mean you could of bought a new computer with that money???? LOL I am always here if you would ever need me.

Annabel said...

Yeah, I still have a pretty good laptop and also an iPad from school. I don't think I need a new computer at the moment. I just bought a treadmill though.