Monday, November 19, 2012

In Garland

I drove up Saturday morning and picked my cousin up at Dallas Love Field.  We headed to the hotel which is a very nice Hyatt Place that I got for $50 a night through Hotwire.  We didn’t do much on Saturday.  We checked in and then went to eat at a Mexican restaurant in front of the hotel called Matt’s.  I spent Saturday evening making a plan for checking out the rental houses by mapping them using batchgeo.com.  On Sunday, I got up early and went to church in Richardson.  Amanda was still sleeping when I got back.  After she got up, we headed out and drove by 29 different rent houses.  We were able to narrow down the list and get a feel for different neighborhoods.  This morning she got in touch with an agent in the area and we have appoints to see 5 of the rentals tomorrow.  We did another drive by today of the favorites.  We went to Chipotle for lunch because Amanda has never eaten at one.  It’s one of my favorite places so I didn’t mind.  She really liked her vegetarian burrito and I enjoyed my barbacoa one.  After we got back to the hotel, we decided to head up to Grapevine and go to the big mall there.  I bought a new perfume at Bath and Body Works that I really like and found a set of dishes at the JC Penny outlet store.  They aren’t going to be my “nice” set, but they will work for everyday dishes.  I only bought one box that has a four piece setting.  Early today I also bought yet another Titanic book and I found a cool vase for the kitchen table that I like.

Tomorrow we are going to check out some of the schools in the area and then meet the agent to look at the houses.  I’m not sure what else we will do.  It’s been quite a trip for my cousin.  She is usually taking care of her three kids so she is finally getting a good night’s sleep and getting out and doing things that she never gets to do.  I hoping that if we come across a really great house that she will jump on it and just make the move earlier.  I’m so excited that she’s going to be back in Texas finally!

It’s been a nice trip for me as well.  I’ve gotten to read one of my new books and I’ve done some shopping.  I can sleep late in the morning, though I’ve been getting up by 7:00 so far.  I will be ready to get back on Wednesday, though.  I miss Matt, my pets, and my house.  I like visiting Dallas, and I probably wouldn’t mind living here if I had to, but I really love San Antonio.  That is my new home.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Just wanted to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving good friend. I am up here in cyber-land admiring you!