Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Back to the Grind

I’ve felt really tired since starting back to work after the break.  I guess I need to get more sleep or something.  Yesterday I was so tired that I napped for an hour and a half after I got home from work before I had to head out for band rehearsal.  Work has been busy.  I had Scrabble club on Monday and remembered at the end of the day that I was supposed to submit a grant proposal.   I stayed up late that evening working on it and finished it around noon.  I turned it in to my facilitator yesterday and got her comments back today.  She only had a few suggestions and told me that she really enjoyed reading it.  She said that her email was standard to all those who submitted the grants, but told me that mine really stood out and she hoped that I would get it.  I’m going to officially submit it tomorrow and see what happens. 

Matt is going to a tournament in Austin this weekend.  I’m not going because I have a band concert on Sunday.  I think I’m going to try to get a lot of work done on the house on Saturday.  I’ve been making some progress.  I got all the books unpacked and on the shelves.  I have a crafting desk ready and have made some rosaries.  We got the trees decorated last weekend and hung lights on the house. 

Matt and I saw Lincoln this weekend as well.  No wonder I’m so tired!  The movie was really good.  I think Daniel Day Lewis has a good chance at an Oscar.  I’m excited about seeing Les Miserables on Christmas.  I need to read the Hobbit before the movie comes out in a few weeks.  I haven’t ever read Tolkien’s books, so I guess I should try. 

Well, I’m going to try to get to bed at a decent hour tonight.  I hope I won’t be so tired tomorrow. 

No comments: