Saturday, November 24, 2012

Break is almost over

Where did the time go?  The trip to DFW with my cousin was very beneficial.  She got a good feel for the area and it helped her decide the areas she wanted to focus on finding a house.  We looked at a few rentals and found one she really liked and she almost filled out the application for it.  Her husband wanted to wait until his transfer came through, however.  So it may be a little while, but they are definitely making plans to move in the next few months.  Hopefully it will be sooner than later. 

The only eventful thing happened when I tried to leave.  My new GPS kept getting me lost and when I finally made it to I-35 South I had to cut across traffic and I did it in front of a Dallas PD vehicle.  He pulled me over, but thankfully didn’t give me a ticket.  He even showed me how to get back on the interstate.  I took the new toll road north of Austin and was happy to avoid the horrible traffic.  It was great to be able to drive 80 and 85 mph.  I made good time getting back home.

Thanksgiving was a nice but subdued affair.  I made the full dinner for the first time in a very long time.  The turkey was ok, but everything else was pretty good.  Josh requested ground turkey tacos and they were quite yummy.  After dinner Matt watched a million football games and I finished painting the loft. 

Yesterday Matt and I actually braved Black Friday, but waited until mid-morning.  It really wasn’t that bad.  We looked for a grill for him but found that it was better to order it online so I bought it for him for Christmas.  I also ordered a futon for Josh.  We went out to dinner with some friends at La Gloria and then tried to go to the movies to see Lincoln.  Unfortunately it was sold out so we’ll have to see it another time. 

Today I slept in and then headed out for a little more shopping.  I got some beads to make a rosary for Matt’s mom.  I picked up a few more things for Christmas and my shopping is almost done.  I think we’ll put up the tree tonight.  Matt I also got some lights for the outside of the house.  This will be first for me to decorate the exterior of the house.  I think Matt is more excited about it than I am. 

No comments: