Sunday, April 14, 2013

Dress Shopping

I wanted to find a new dress to wear to my son’s upcoming recital, but it was a daunting and depressing task.  I’ve slacked off on the exercise so I don’t fit into anything any more and trying on bigger sizes just makes me sad.  I found a dress that I liked at one store, but they didn’t have it in my size.  Today I went to four more of the same stores in town trying to find the dress.  I finally gave up and went to a different store where I found the same dress in multiple sizes and found one that fit me.  It was larger, yes, but it didn’t accentuate the rolls of fat on my hips.  I’m going to make the effort to start using the treadmill again next week.  I really need to do something.  I bought the complete season of Columbo and first three seasons of the Big Bang Theory to watch.  The problem is that we haven’t been able to get the tv mounted in front of my treadmill. 

Yesterday I took my car to the Toyota dealership to have the oil changed.  Matt and I went to a BBQ place in New Braufels for dinner after stopping at Kohl’s first.  I didn’t find a dress there, but I found a great dress shirt and tie for Josh and we found some nice shirts for Matt as well.   After dress shopping today, I started cleaning the house until I realized I was out of floor cleaner.  I had to go to the store to get more cleaning supplies.  I got all the tile areas mopped.  Matt and I went to late church tonight so now I’m trying to get a few more things done before bedtime. 

Tomorrow and the next three days I have to teach dictionary lessons to the history classes.  Those will be exhausting days.  My aunt and uncle are coming on Thursday and then on Friday we are heading to Nacogdoches.  Well, I better get more cleaning done – or maybe I’ll have some ice cream. 

No comments: