Saturday, September 28, 2013

Got a Roomie

Well, all of Matt’s stuff has been moved in so we’ve got boxes all over the place.  I spent last week doing housecleaning in preparation so now it’s a mess again.  It seems that Matt is a bit of a hoarder.  I think he got rid of about 10% of the excess stuff before moving, but there’s still some purging to do.  I’ve been trying to integrate some of his stuff into the house, but we may need some creative thinking.  I still don’t know where to put the giant mounted fish that he has.  They are sentimental since he caught one of them while fishing with his dad and the other was one that his dad caught.  I still need to buy a new chest of drawers for him.  His is so ugly that I won’t allow it in the bedroom. It’s going in Josh’s room/Matt’s office for now.  I may try to paint it at some point. 

School has been crazy this week.  I’m continually behind on getting things done it seems.  I did get my grant book order finished.  I submitted two other orders and will slowly work on a few others.  I’m supposed to be working on the school calendar but that has been put on the back burner for now.  My Scrabble club is still huge.  I had to adjust my layout on Friday because of the book fair getting set up.  I have over fifty students that are playing Scrabble.  Luckily I don’t have to run the book fair.  It’s handled by the PTA. I get some donated books from it.

It was great to sleep in today. I am enjoying my Saturday off.  I guess I could be sorting through some of Matt’s stuff, but there’s no rush.  I’m probably going to finish my Sue Grafton book instead. And perhaps take a nap.  I need to reserve some energy so that I can help Matt clean his apartment that hasn’t been cleaned since he moved in 12 years ago.  Matt said that instead of finding “dust bunnies” that they were more like the giant killer rabbit from The Holy Grail. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you reading W is for Wasted? I am about half way through, stretching it out, as I know she won't have another book out for at least two years. I really wish she would go back to a book a year,but I guess with the alphabet almost done, she wants to stretch it out until she dies.

Annabel said...

Yes, I was reading W is for Wasted. I tried to make it last a little longer as well. I usually read really fast and have a book finished in a day or two. This one I spread out to about a week. I really enjoyed it. It's sad that the series will come to an end soon.

Andrew said...

Classic Annabel blog post! I am still your biggest blog fan.