Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Counting down the days

I’m ready for Christmas break.  Not Christmas – I still have lots of shopping (online) to do, but I’m ready to have my break from school.  I know we just had a week off for Thanksgiving, but I didn’t get to spend that week at home.  I’m looking forward to being a slug for about two weeks.  I do have to get some things done.  Matt still has boxes of stuff here that needs a place to go (such as the attic).  School is fine – I’m just tired of it right now.  Today I finished getting all the books from my grant order processed and on the shelves.  Next I started pulling some old books for weeding.  At the end of the day I started getting a headache and was feeling kind of blah.  I took some tylenol and came home right at 4:15.  I tried to nap for a bit, but I was too cold (having been freezing all day in my library).  I had to leave for band rehearsal a little before 7:00.  Rehearsal was ok, but I feel like I’m getting a cold or dealing with allergies.  I just took a benadryl and hope it kicks in soon. 

I need to sign Matt and I up for a Catholic engagement seminar so we can officially set our wedding date.  They have a weekend retreat coming up in January.  Once that’s done, I think we’ll be able to finalize a date for July.  I’m hoping for the weekend of July 12, but it’s still up in the air right now.  I need to start figuring out a budget for the wedding as well.  I got off pretty easy last time, but I think it will be a little more expensive this time.  Even though I don’t particularly want a big wedding, I have a feeling it may turn out to be more than expected.  Matt is now up to four groomsmen so I’ve got to see if my friend Kim will be a bridesmaid again.  Surprisingly, my bridal party is the same as it was in my previous wedding with the exception of my former friend Robin.  My friend Pam is now my maid of honor.  The other attendants will be my friend Kirsten who lives in Nacogdoches, my cousin Amanda who lives in Garland, TX, and my friend Kim who just moved to Tennessee. 

Well, I think I’m going to play a quick game of Words of Wonder and then call it a night. 

1 comment:

Jan said...

Now what about me? I've been prancing around the house, strewing rose petals about in preparation for my role as flower girl...

You're breaking my heart:-)