Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Three days and counting

The students are starting to bounce off the walls and I’m starting to lose my patience.  Luckily there’s only three more days left until Christmas Vacation.  I have most of my shopping done with the exception of a few things that will have to wait until payday on Friday.  I finally decided on Matt’s present.  It isn’t exactly what he asked for, but I’m pretty sure he will use it and like it.  We haven’t put up the tree yet.  I guess we’ll do that tomorrow.  I also need to do some baking this week. 

Tonight I went to confession for the first time in a while.  I’ve been needing to go and I prefer the communal penance services.  I almost talked myself out of it, but I made myself go.  Of course I always feel better afterward.  I signed Matt and I up for the marriage preparation seminal that is coming up in January.  Hopefully then we can officially set the wedding date with my church back in Canyon. 

I still have 8 books to read for my good reads goal for the year.  I’m halfway through one that I started today at school.  Hopefully once the break starts, I’ll find more time to read.  I’m going to try to finish the YA novel tonight. 

We’ve been doing Secret Santas at school this week.  Yesterday I got a package of chocolate-caramel candies.  Today I got a purple and white garter for my wedding.  The person I have is the art teacher.  Yesterday I gave her some do it yourself Christmas ornaments.  Today, I gave her some fuzzy Christmas socks. 

I think I’m going to watch Big Bang Theory, then read a little, and get to bed soon. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is one thing I really miss about teaching--Secret Santa. Pretty silly, huh? That was the best part of the year in those last couple of years that I taught.