Friday, February 14, 2014

Another Valentine’s Day Down

I just spent time re-reading my past blog entries on or around Valentine’s day for the past nine years.  It seems that for several years when I had no Valentine, I was mostly spending the time heading to and from San Antonio for Josh’s all-state band concerts.  Perhaps that was a sign of things to come – that I was meant to be in San Antonio.  The only negative years was when I was in my “iffy” relationships with Marty and Michael.  The past three years have been pretty awesome with Matt.  Matt told me he loved me for the first time three years ago.  Last year was hit and miss mostly, but we ended up having drinks at The Menger Bar with Josh and my friend Kirsten who were here for TMEA.  This year he sent me flowers, which came yesterday.  I actually got a double order for some reason, so instead of a dozen roses, I got two dozen.  Matt grilled some juicy steaks on the grill and we had corn on the cob, baked potatoes, and salad for dinner.  Now we’re trying to find something to watch on tv since men’s ice skating is kind of boring. 

Matt has to work tomorrow, but he’s getting off at 3:00 and then we are driving back to Canyon so we can meet with Father Phan this weekend and go over wedding planning.  It will be a quick trip as we’ll be coming back on Monday.  I’m looking forward to seeing my friend Pam and my brother.  Oh, let’s not forget Taco Villa and Donut stop. 

No comments: