Monday, February 17, 2014

Wedding Prep

Matt and I made a quick trip back to Canyon this weekend so that we could meet with Father Phan and do some wedding planning.  The meeting went fine and we are on track for the wedding on July 12.  We have some paperwork to do and get sent back in, but other than that, we don’t have to return until the rehearsal the night before.  We were able to have lunch with my friend Pam who is my maid of honor.  We also met my brother and his wife for dinner.  This morning, we picked up a dozen donuts from Donut Stop.  We stopped for lunch at what I thought was a Taco Villa in Lubbock, but it was kind of different.  It wasn’t quite what I expected.  Food was decent, but I probably should have gotten food at the one in Canyon.  Unfortunately it was too early when we were leaving.  Andrew – if you do get to come to the wedding, I’m taking you to Donut Stop and Taco Villa so you can finally experience it for yourself! 

I was able to finish a book while on the trip.  I read I am Malala about the Pakistani girl who was shot by the Taliban.  It was an interesting read.  Some of it was kind of hard to follow because it goes into a lot of historical background and such, but it was still eye opening.  Now I’m reading a YA novel.  I have one more book cued in my library to read after that.  The thing about borrowing books from the library is that I’m forced to read more often. 

Matt is out playing Scrabble this evening.  I’m watching ice skating on the Olympics and waiting for my laundry to get done.  Tomorrow and Wednesday will not be fun at work as we are doing test simulations.  That means wasted days for me and all the other teachers.

No comments: