Saturday, November 22, 2008

It's good to sleep in

And I mean really sleep in. After an actual full night's sleep and then some. I cannot remember the last time I enjoyed sleeping in with nothing that I had to specifically get up for. Oh sure, I did sleep in a little bit while on vacation, but the relationship dynamics made things somewhat different and I still got up fairly early most mornings. For once I feel somewhat refreshed.

I finished my journals last night and submitted them in time with an hour an ten minutes to spare. I probably could have continued to edit them, but I finally decided to just let it go and quit worrying about it. Again, probably not my best work, but we'll see what happens in terms of my grade. I have a high enough average right now that I don't think it would bring it down too much if I didn't make a 100. I am going to head out to Sonic shortly so that I can work on my book talk. I still need to read another book and then plan what I'm going to say, do, read etc. for the talk. That assignment is due on Monday. I also have to work on my government investigation paper this weekend of which I have done almost nothing. I have done some research, printed out materials, talked to my librarian and emailed our superintendent but haven't really focused on the assignment itself. I still haven't fully read aspects of the patriot act that I need to know. I think I won't be going to band on Monday unless by some miracle I finish the paper on Sunday.

Josh is gone to a speech tournament this weekend. I'm sure you're wondering why I'm not at one myself. Well this particular tournament is out of town and fairly expensive for us and my students would rather go to one in Dallas in a few weeks. They have to raise the money for it, however, and they have until after Thanksgiving to turn the money in. So we'll see what happens.

Well, I need to get going to Sonic and get my final book read. Just know that my coursework is almost over and I'll try to blog more regularly soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now, with all this nightwork, I first realize how important sleep is. The body simply takes it. It is a pleasure to wake up and feel better, and yes strong.