Monday, March 15, 2010

What a way to start spring break...

...that is to be home sick in bed. I guess it is better than having to miss school and plan for a sub because trying to do that while sick really sucks. I've been gone to El Paso since last Wednesday. It was uneventful for my students. One broke to a quarter-final round and the new speech coach forgot about entering them into consolation events so they had nothing to do on Saturday until he and I were finished with our duties in the tab room. Luckily we were done by 2:00 so we left and took the kids to the mall. This was a bad place to be for someone that gave up shopping for Lent. Well, I have been meaning to buy new bras for some time. You have to understand that I rarely get frivolous and buy a new bra for the heck of it. Basically I wait until my one good one is so worn out that I must replace. It was getting to that point. You should also understand that I have only been able to find a great fitting bra at Victoria's Secret. So I'm at the mall with a Victoria Secret store. But I somewhat justify the purchase because it was more of a necessity than a want. But then later I also found a pair of jeans (in a smaller size than I've been wearing) as well as a new shirt at JC Penny's. So I felt a little guilty for those but I vowed that I would not buy ANY new clothes that were the size I've been wearing. New jeans are still snug, but they zip AND button and I have to say I look rather good in them.
On Saturday I could feel the beginnings of a sore throat. We had a late dinner and I came back to the hotel and just crawled in bed. We left at 8:00-ish on Sunday morning which was really 9:00-ish Texas time, but really 8:00-ish prior to the time change. It was an uneventful drive, but I could tell a cold was creeping up. My eyes watered. I sneezed some. Just felt a general blah and drank my weight in cokes on the way home. (So much for the diet)
I saw Josh for all of about a minute before I took a benadryl and some tylenol and went to bed (at 6:00 p.m.) yesterday. Now he's gone on a boy's road trip so I still won't see him for a few more days. So it's spring break and I'm sick. I wanted to take a few days to really be on a BREAK, but of course I have homework due tomorrow. (What kind of teacher makes an assignment due during spring break?) But I've declared today a "Stay in bed so I can maybe feel better and just read, sleep, surf, and take it easy kind of day."
I guess I won't be heading to Key West this year for spring break. Though I did threaten Marty that if it snowed during the break this year, he should expect me. Today it is rainy which is fine. I'm just sick of snow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ach herrjeh ... tea, book, bed, snowball - sorry ... maybe your body simply tells you "I want a break"? So, pause. :)

Anonymous said...

Better?

Leann said...

I sure hope you're feelin'better my dear.