Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Last Minute Attitude

One of the things that drives me the most crazy about working in this district is the last minute attitude it perpetuates.  For example today during 7th period (the last period of the day), I was told that I needed to have dictionaries in each teacher’s room for testing tomorrow.  I also found out after school that instead of relieving other teachers tomorrow, I will be testing students.  It is very frustrating to have to make changes and do things at the last minute.  I had to stay until five getting all the dictionaries ready to hand out to other teachers tomorrow. 

I came home from work and just felt tired.  I didn’t even want to cook so I had an ice cream instead.  I finally made myself get up and go to band rehearsal.  I stopped at McDonald’s on the way and ordered a happy meal for supper.  Band rehearsal was ok, but once again, we are playing too much music without enough rehearsal time.  I don’t know how much longer I will want to stay with this band.  I would rather play fewer pieces well, than more pieces badly.  The only good thing is that playing first part is more of a challenge for me. 

I’m still debating whether I’m going to give Matt the link to my blog.  I do wonder how much I would self-censor knowing that he reads it.  I do some censoring already because people I know in real life do read it.  But a part of me thinks that I should be completely open with him.  He should know the real me – all the good and the bad.  And if it doesn’t scare him off, then he is definitely one to keep.  I’ve only let one other boyfriend have access to my blog – and that was Marty.  I did it because I felt I could trust him.  And honestly, I didn’t censor much – I actually did some venting on the blog knowing that he would read it.  So I will give it some thought for a few more days and decide.

No comments: