Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sleep must be overrated

I tried getting some sleep last night.  I was in bed before 11:00 at least.  And wouldn’t you know it, we had two major thunderstorms roll through the area last night.  The first one came in around 1:30 a.m. and the second rolled through around 4:00 a.m.  So I didn’t get much sleep last night.  Now it is 11:22 so I hope I get some sleep tonight.

It was a pretty decent work day.  I had classes in doing testing and I worked on the magazine order for next year.  I dropped a bunch of magazines that nobody ever read like Texas Monthly and ordered a bunch of new stuff for the students.  Hopefully that will encourage a few to read more.  I left around 12:45 and had to go to the bank.  I was charged a “maintenance fee” on my account this month and I had them take it off because I’m not supposed to be charged as long as I have monthly direct deposits.  I think the issue was the fact that I was paid much earlier last month and it more than 31 days passed before the next deposit.  Thankfully they put the money back in my account.  I picked up some lunch and then headed to our monthly librarian meeting. 

After the meeting I stopped by the store to get salad fixings and stuff to back a pineapple upside down cake for dinner.  Matt and his friend Jason were going to come over for dinner.  At 6:30 Matt arrived but said that Jason couldn’t make it for dinner but we would go over to his place for Scrabble practice after we ate.  So Matt and I had spaghetti, salad, and garlic toast for dinner.  We took the cake with us to Jason’s house and everyone enjoyed it as we practiced. 

Matt brought me home after practice and we cuddle for a bit.  He left a little while ago and I’m going to try to finally get some sleep tonight.  Tomorrow we have our regular Scrabble practice and we are meeting at Taco Cabana for dinner.  I’m not sure if I’m ready for the tournament this weekend, but I think I’ll do ok if I draw reasonably well. 

No comments: