Tuesday, December 04, 2012

A free Tuesday

I’m not sure what to do this week with no band or orchestra rehearsals.  I really should work on house stuff.  I did some of that yesterday.  I worked on unpacking a bunch of stuff in the office/workout room.  I’m not really going to have an office – I have an office closet where I’m storing filing cabinets, some shelves and such.  My desk got ruined when we moved so I can’t use it anyway.  My old desk that was in Josh’s room is now being used as my crafting desk.  Josh will have to get his own desk at some point. 

Matt and I have kind of been talking about marriage stuff while still skirting the specifics of him actually asking me or an idea of “when.” But we’ve talked about some logistics – like that fact that I’d probably want to get married in my church back in Canyon which works for him because his best man lives in Lubbock and another friend lives in Oklahoma.  Then there was the comment about his mother not approving a white wedding dress since I’ve been married before.  While I probably wouldn’t choose a white dress anyway, I told him I’d still wear whatever I wanted.  I’m not sure that she would even come to the wedding.  She still has made no effort to meet me.  But as far as actually getting married – that issue is still up the air.  Matt offers no information.  I did ask him if he was going to renew his apartment lease when it comes up in the spring, and he said probably not – but I don’t know if that really means anything. 

Matt asked me to make a rosary for his mother for Christmas.  I made it and I think it turned out really pretty.  I chose large beads that have pinkish flowers on them, pink beads with some teal green spacers.  I chose the beads because she has an extensive rose garden and it made me think of flowers.  I hope she likes it and I hope it might open up some lines of communication.

Well, I guess I’ll figure out something to eat for dinner and then do a little work on the house.  Matt and I are planning on having a Christmas party so I have a lot to get done before then. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I'm checking in, the rosary you made sounds beautiful, I hope it will make an opening, like you wrote. It's good to read about how you and Matt get along and about how you are busy as always:)
jan