Wednesday, March 13, 2013

An uneventful spring break

It’s not a bad thing to have an uneventful spring break.  I’ve really been rather lazy.  The time change is going to hurt come Monday.  I’ve been staying up late and sleeping late since Sunday.  Saturday I had to get up early to go to a Scrabble tournament.  It was ok but I’m still kicking myself for making a huge mistake where I didn’t play a word for fear that a second word I would have made would have been challenged and I wasn’t sure it was a valid word.  It turns out the word was good and if I had played it, I would have won the game and probably placed 2nd or 3rd in the tournament.  Oh well.  (And yes, Andrew, you do need to learn to play Scrabble!  We should play online sometime!)

As far as the break goes – I’ve slept, read, watched tv, surfed the web, and worked on a jigsaw puzzle.  Josh and I did get out on Monday.  I bought him a book for the GRE since he is going to be taking it on Thursday.  I thought about getting dressed and out today, but I haven’t done that yet.  I do have to get out tomorrow.  I’m going to a party of sorts with some co-workers and need to make some kind of treat to take.  I was thinking about making Stromboli, but not sure yet. 

I finished reading the Harry Potter series (again) and read another series as well.  I started keeping tracks of books read using Good Reads and set a goal to read 50 books this year.  Not counting the Harry Potter books, I’ve read 13 books so far this year which means I’m ahead of schedule.  Granted, many of the them are YA novels, but that’s part of my job.  Well, I think I’m going to find something to snack on.  Matt will grill tonight, but that means we won’t eat until around 8:00 and I’m hungry now. 

No comments: