Monday, March 04, 2013

Computer Dreams on Hold for Now

Thanks for chiming in Andrew – I figured that post would get a comment from you!  I will check out newegg, but I think I’ll have to wait a bit to consider a new computer.  Josh called today and needs money to apply to one more college.  He’s been rejected by three, but he has one he hasn’t heard from yet and then has this other one he plans to apply to.  Of course it isn’t cheap.  Just to apply is $100.  On top of that he needs money to get home this weekend and then more to go to SXSW in Austin during spring break.  I just bought a small tv to put in front of my treadmill and am waiting for the wall mount I ordered from Amazon to come in.  I also ordered the complete series of Columbo.  I saw it at Best Buy this weekend and almost bought it, but then discovered I could get it for a LOT less through Amazon.  The same thing was true of the wall mount I ordered.   The one in the store was $59.  I ordered a generic version with good reviews online for only $14.  I did shop for tv’s online, but the best deal was the one I ended up getting at Best Buy. 

In the meantime, I’m perfectly happy having updated versions of Photoshop and InDesign.  I’ve been designing flyers for our upcoming band concert.  I’m also going to work on a new banner for the school website.  I might even put together a Scrabble website for Matt as a surprise.  Adobe Muse seems pretty easy to use.  The only drawback is that I have to export the files as html and do an FTP to the web host. 

Today was kind of frustrating because I had to be a sub all day.  Luckily they came to the library, but it also meant that I didn’t get anything done that I needed to do.  I’m going to be doing a presentation on my Scrabble club the week after spring break and I know I won’t work on anything school related over the break so I need to get as much done as I can before Friday.  It’s going to be a long week simply because we’re all anticipating spring break coming!

My friend Pam from back home might come to visit me during the break.  I really hope she does.  It would be so good to see her.  I think it would be good for her too.  I think she needs to get away for a little while.  Having her here would actually get me out of the house during the break instead of being a slug and working on a jigsaw puzzle or goofing off online all day. 

No comments: