Monday, March 24, 2014

Lumosity + Grilling = Burnt Food

I got Matt a subscription to Lumosity for Valentine’s Day.  I actually got a family subscription so we’ve both been “working out” a little over a month now.  There’s a word game on there that he has become obsessed with.  It is compounded by the fact that I’ve surpassed his highest score.  He definitely has a bigger word knowledge, but I’m an extremely fast typist.  He’s slowed down because he doesn’t use the “enter” key, but uses the “click” button on his laptop.  In spite of that, he’s pretty fast.  So tonight he lit the grill and then put some hotdogs on it.  While waiting, he played his game.  And played it.  And burned the hotdogs to a crisp.  So now I’ve told him that he can’t grill and play Lumosity at the same time. 

It was a really busy day for me today.  I had to leave right after lunch to go to a meeting.  Matt and I ate at a hole-in-the wall Mexican restaurant before the meeting.  After the meeting I had to run back to the school to set up a screen and projector for a meeting after school.  I then had to head up to a training session north of downtown.  Once I got home, I had to call Microsoft to resolve an issue with the Office program I installed almost a month ago.  I was able to purchase Office 2013 for only $10 through a deal with my school district, but once I installed the program, it wouldn’t let me activate it.  I finally called customer service.  It took about 30 minutes and they had to remotely uninstall and reinstall it.  It is working fine now at least. 

There’s not much else to report here.  I haven’t gotten much wedding planning done lately.  Matt and I have kept the house clean for a week now.  We have company coming in two weeks.  We went to see Divergent this weekend.  Next weekend we will probably see Bad Words.  It looks like it would be very funny. 

No comments: