Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Daily 3 - Observations about 4th, 5th & 6th graders

So I've been teaching a class to 4th, 5th and 6th graders this week.  They are learning to create their own comic books.  After being at a high school for the last three years, I did make a few observations today:

1.  They have not yet started cussing like sailors.  It seems every other word that comes out of a HS student's mouth is the F-word or something similar.  The kids I have this week have been pretty tame in that regard.

2.  They enjoy telling your stories.  Whether it's their character's background story or that their birthday is in 8 days, they like to talk to adults.

3.  They are more easily entertained.  They don't groan at brain break games and enjoy playing the board games I brought from my school. 

No comments: